A SPONSORSHIP APPEAL FROM
The Institute of Inventors and Innovators
The iii is a HOME for Inventors, RUN by Inventors, SUPPORTING Inventors; and in the spirit of innovation, continues to promote and further any
form of creative thinking.
As a registered non-profit company, the Institute seeks sponsorship and funding so that we can continue to perform our work. With your help we would fund various and useful projects to better serve our inventing community, promote invention and innovation in South Africa and keep current with modern and current international invention practices such as
Open-innovation and Licensing.
Executive Committee 2022-2023
We seek financial aid and various forms of sponsorship. Special projects might include:
- An ‘in-house’ virtual education and training course on ‘Steps to Inventing.’
- A Bursary Fund for approved short-course study and practical skills training and development,
- A 6-month mentorship programme to nurture young inventors;
- Production of webinars
- An annual hybrid ‘Invention Convention’.
- How-to workshops covering Licensing, IP education, makers spaces, competitions,
K-12 STEAM activities international participation opportunities for
South African youth.
Call Celeste on 072 6643749 to discuss your Sponsorship or go here
- You decide on the amount of your pledge and the money stays in your bank You maintain control over your funds.
- You promise to pay on demand from the iii whichever amount is to be used for individual inventors.
- There is a careful selection of Inventors.
- You deduct an agreed amount requested from your pledge and pay this directly to the inventor.
- Pledges can be anything from R2000 to R50 000 and can be paid out on different occasions and to different candidates.
- You can request a detailed report to see how your money is used at any time.
Call Celeste on 072 6643749 to discuss your Pledge anytime or go here
- Advertising with the III is most cost effective. Please call for our rate cards. Essentially companies and service providers are given several options which include NewsBrief advertising or sponsoring individual web pages (logo of sponsoring/advertising company placed on page), joining the III as a Merchant member which includes an entry into our membership directory; a presence on our services and resources pages and opportunities to address delegates and visitors to the virtual meetings of the Inventors Club.
Call Celeste on 072 6643749 to discuss Advertising or go here
The Institute would appreciate any donation from any body or individual person. Of you would like to support us, simple visit: Donate
THERE IS NO FUNDING FOR
START-OUT INVENTORS …
Most often, beyond family and friends, there’s no funding available even for the simplest of steps such as producing a prototype or protecting IP. The risk is too high and sensibly so, but that doesn’t mean the need diminishes in any way and even if an inventor chooses to license an invention idea, the finance needed to find an open-innovation Licensee can
be just as elusive.
DIFFUSION RULES OKAY
What ever you see was invented by someone … from a gem clip to a space rocket!
Creative and enquiring minds solve problems all the time, products, services, methods, apps are upgraded, improved, redesigned, discoveries made and innovation happens regularly.
As you can imagine, the journey an inventor takes goes far beyond a ‘good idea’. It’s a journey fraught with challenges and obstacles and one that certainly needs self-determination
A GOOD IDEA IS ONLY GOOD IF IT CAN BE REALISED.
Everyday people who have really good ideas fall by the wayside too often. Inventing is an expensive exercise and if done properly, costs a lot of money and other resources to bring anything to fruition. It’s not easy to be an inventor and it requires all sorts of different skills to get ‘there’… from research and ‘testing’ to protecting intellectual property, prototyping, product development up to launch and beyond. Creative people inventive solutions to pressing problems often don’t see the light of day.
We thank you for any and all support you can provide.