The sponsor’s company name will be associated with the workshop, i.e. ‘*****-III Funding Workshop’, which will translate onto:
- the ‘Workshop page’ on the III website.
- workshop reminder emails sent to >500 III members; and
- the III monthly newsletter advertising the workshop.
The sponsor may also display banners at the workshop.
The sponsor may propose a topic for a workshop.
Future marketing: The III intends to promote the workshops using Adwords, print media (e.g. Popular Mechanics) and other media.
The III offers workshops for:
- Funding (1 days) (limited to 20 participants)
- Output: a draft business plan for the participant’s invention
- Understanding IP, patent searching and IP strategy (1 day) (limited to 20 participants)
- Output: a patent search report highlighting the protectable features of the participant’s invention and the IP protection strategy appropriate to his/her invention
- Market research and marketing strategy (2 days) (limited to 20 participants)
- Output: a market research report for the participant’s invention
- Optimising products for manufacture(1 day) (limited to 10 participants)
- Output: The participant’s product will be reviewed to optimise design for manufacture, reduced manufacturing cost and improve ease of manufacture.
Workshops are held at Wits’ Professional Development Hub.
Optional additional workshops: materials and prototyping.
Sponsorship Price: Contact us for more information.